Saving Energy – Terms and Conditions
Third party Contractors
- Saving Energy employs third party contractors for the installation of geyser timers and geyser blankets.
- All third party contractors are fully qualified electricians as required by law to perform the duties required by Saving Energy in terms of quality of installation,technical expertise and customer service.
- All Third party contractors have agreed to operating terms and conditions prior to engagement with Saving Energy that strictly lay out the terms of service required by Saving Energy in the performance of the installation of geyser timers and blankets for Saving Energy Clients.
- Failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of engagement of services between Saving Energy and the third party contractor.
Saving Energy – Business Model
- Saving Energy is purely a company that provides information on energy saving products and services to allow consumers to reduce their energy costs at home or in their business.
- Saving Energy offers geyser timer and geyser blanket installations through third party contractors to Saving Energy clients that wish to engage these services.
- Saving Energy supplies qualified leads to our designated third party contractors for which we earn a commission.
- Saving Energy does not supply geyser timers , geyser blankets or geyser timer housings to these contractors, the material is supplied by the contractors and remains their property until either paid for or , if required , removed.
Damage and liability :
- In the event of damage caused in the process of installation of geyser timers and blankets , the liability for repair of damages rests with the third party contractor and not with Saving Energy.
- Inadequate installations where geyser blankets are not wrapped properly or otherwise poorly installed must be reported to Saving Energy immediately along with photo’s so that Saving Energy can instruct the contractor to return and repair the installation to proper standards.
Additional travel fees
- The prices quoted ONLY apply to installations done within the central metropolitan areas of the cities – within a maximum 50km radius.
- These cities are Johannesburg , Pretoria (Including Centurion) , Cape Town and Durban.
- Any installations done beyond this radius (50Km+) will be subject to additional fees dues to the time and distance involved.
- These rates will be advised of prior to confirmation of the installation and the quoted costs will be added to the invoice.
Additional labour fees:
- The prices quoted include ONE (1) hour of labour to per installation of a timer and blanket.
- Should any additional work be required without which the timer / blanket could not be properly installed, the discounted per our rate of R550-00 per hour will apply.
- Additional work would include rewiring or rerouting of wires in the DB board, to the DB Board or to the geyser, as well as repair of faulty wiring or breakers.
- The cost for replacement parts will be advised prior to installation.
- This additional labour and/or parts will be detailed on the invoice.
Geyser Timers- Warranties and Settings :
- Geyser timer settings are to be provided by the customer and the timer will be set accordingly.
- Timers are tested prior to the contractor’s departure from the installation to ensure that both the timer and the geyser are working.
- Hellermann Tyton / Toptronic Geyser timers have a two year manufacturer’s warranty and should the timer fail due to mechanical / electrical fault and not from external tampering by unqualified personnel , power surges caused by lightning or load shedding, or overloading of the timer, the timer would be removed and replaced by Saving Energy’s third party contractor who installed the timer originally.
- If the timer fails within 3 months of installation, there is no call out fee charged.
- Should the timer fail after that , but within the 2 year warranty period, a call out fee of R650-00 applies.
- If the timer fails within the two year warranty period, there is no cost for the timer itself, only the call out fees will apply as per the conditions above.
- Should the timer fail after the two year warranty period, it may be replaced at the current cost to supply and install.
- Should the timer fail due to external tampering by unqualified personnel, overloading or power surge from lightning strikes or load shedding , or it is determined by Saving Energy’s third party contractor that the timer has been tampered with , the client will be liable for the call out fee for the inspection of the timer and the replacement cost of the timer which will be quoted beforehand.
- Geyser blankets are sourced and supplied by the third party contractors.
- Geysers that are under cover and not exposed to the elements will not require the silver foil protection layer as shown on the website. We do however supply these as a standard with most installations.
- Geyser blankets may vary according to supplier, availability and area and will not always be the same as the geyser blanket presented on the Saving Energy website.
- All geyser blankets supplied by third party contractors will meet the standards required for insulation of geysers.
Cancellations or Non-attendance
- If for any reason , the client needs to cancel the installation once it has been booked and confirmed , the client must ensure that notice of at least 24 hours is given where possible.
- Notice of cancellation should be sent either by email , sms or telephone.
- Should the cancellation be causes by medical emergency or other urgent and unforeseen circumstances , no penalty call out fees would be applicable.
- In the event that no notice is given by the channels listed in 19) above , a cancellation fee of R550 will be charged.
- Should the installation be booked and confirmed and upon arrival the client is not available or not in attendance (and without notice given as per above) the call out fee of R550-00 will be charged.
Payment terms and Invoicing
- Once the client has booked the service for installation , the contractor will then make contact with the client and arrange the installation.
- Once the installation is complete , a follow up call will be made to the client to ensure that the job was done professionally and that the timer is working and that the client is satisfied with the quality of the installation
- Saving Energy will email the client an invoice for the job.
- Payment is to be made within 24 hours of job completion.
- If payment is not made within a maximum of 7 (Seven) days from the date of installation , Saving Energy will commence with actions for recovery of the payment and all costs incurred will be added on to the invoice amount.
- No payment is to be made directly to the contractor for any reason whatsoever.
Acceptance of the terms and conditions
By agreeing to the installation of either geyser timers or geyser blankets on your property(s), you are deemed to have read and accepted the Saving Energy terms and conditions as stated above and agree that you will abide and be bound to these terms and conditions.