Is this the real life?
This is for the hundreds of thousands of South Africans that live in residential complexes. If you are one of them, as a tenant , owner or trustee, then this is especially for you.
If you live in a free standing house, read on but you’re going to be jealous.
The biggest energy challenges facing both residents and Body Corporates are cost , consumption and error recovery .
Of course this is true for everyone, but more so in the confines of the complex.
- Pre-paid electricity and on a ‘balanced’ tariff between the high and low demand seasons tilted more toward the ‘high’ end than the ‘low.’
- This is a set rate and would increase annually as with the ESKOM increase and wouldn’t ever GET LOWER.
- High pre-paid management fees add to operational costs as well as consumption.
- Many complexes get billed on Peak , Standard and Off peak as well as KVA demand. The peak demand and KVA can often Skyrocket in winter as much as 200%-300% of the summer usage .
- Massive energy losses through uninsulated geysers.
- Difficulty engaging with council on incorrect billing.
- No accurate consumption data.
- Slow ROI on energy savings projects.
- Funding of Energy Saving Projects.
In the past, these would have been individually resolved aspects for the complex, but not any more.
Uninsulated and exposed geysers.
An example of a geyser mounted outside.
Because they are not insulated and exposed directly to cold air, they waste massive amounts of electricity as they work to maintain temperature.
This is a PRIMARY cause of energy loss and expense in residential complexes.
Many complexes have these in concrete channels that run next to the unit and even though they are enclosed , there is no insulation so you have geysers simply bleeding heat into the air and this is especially severe as the weather gets colder.
Apex Power – The Turnkey Energy Saving, Pre-paid and Management solution.
Quite a mouthful.
But it’s everything it says it is.
APEX is the result of the last 5 years working with Body Corporates and understanding the challenges they face in sourcing and implementing energy efficiency initiatives as well as the ROI on those projects.
APEX addresses EVERY key element in the process and this makes the solution attractive , cost effective and complete.
1) Free and effortless pre-paid vending transfer.
There are no fees for transfer nor any disruption to the pre-paid service or purchase channels.
Outside of the resident having to punch a 16 digit code, there is no effort required.
2) Lower kWh tariff & management fees.
Using the latest utility and pre-paid statements, APEX will deliver a revised tariff structure solution that provides a LOWER kWh rate for the residents and lower pre-paid management fees at NO cost to the Body Corporate.
3) Lower pre-paid management fees.
Typically 5c-10c/kwh reduction in management fees which releases ‘FREE’ capital for use on other projects.
4) Supply and install SABS / ESKOM approved Geyser Blankets.
These will impact the heat and energy loss from the geysers and reduce consumption by around 10%-15%. There is also the option of geyser timers to further reduce consumption. Using the timers and blankets can deliver as much as 35% savings.
5) Supply, installation and CUSTOMISED PROGRAMMING for gesyer timers to ENSURE no KVA Spikes.
This is a another critical element to this concept. The timers are exceptionally effective in reducing consumption especially during peak demand. Results show a 44% year on year reduction on peak demand usage in residential complexes – that is huge!
6) Supply and install bulk check electricity meter free on 24 month SLA.
ESKOM and SABS approved smart electricity check meter with web interface access for easy consumption data and ensures accurate billing every month.
6) Monthly consumption report VS council billing and account correction.
Engagement with the council over ‘estimates’ or erroneous billing and credit recovery where applicable.
7) Integrated recovery for the geyser blanket CAPEX within the pre-paid structure.
This is the true innovation that sets this solution worlds apart. Within the pre-paid restructure is the recovery partition. This delivers an agreed rate (c/kwh) BACK to the Body Corporate every month for the CAPEX used on on the geyser blanket project.
So, in essence , a portion of the pre-paid revenue is allocated BACK to the CAPEX fund.
Once the project cost is paid off, that portion falls away and the RESIDENT GETS ANOTHER kWH RATE CUT.
So, not only are the residents paying less and using less, the project cost is recovered from within normal monthly purchases OVER AND ABOVE the lower management fees.
Once recovered, that saving is passed back to the residents – they get two decreases when everyone else is suffering with increases.
APEX power is offering a FREE assessment to show how it can reduce your energy costs and consumption in your complex. Just click the link below to get yours done.
In this day and age, can you really afford not to?