The Bad News!
It’s that time of the year again! No, not Christmas – it’s the ESKOM increase!
Came into effect from July 1, the average user will be paying around 7% more!
So, if you average electricity bill is R1000-00 per month , you will be paying an extra R70 per month, or R840-00 per year.
As usual , ESKOM has requested that you(we) the consumer invest in reducing our electricity consumption by looking at ways to save energy.
Eskom’s electricity saving tips
· Install ceiling insulation. It’s the most important step to improve the energy efficiency of your home, making it up to 5% warmer in winter. Up to 40% of heat can be lost through your roof if your home is not insulated.
· Install energy- and water-saving showerheads. It reduces the amount of hot water and electricity
· Replace all your old incandescent lights with energy-efficient compact florescent lamps (CFLs) and light-emitting diodes (LED)
· Replace your conventional oven with an energy-efficient convection oven or install an induction stove
· Replace your electric geyser with a solar water heating system or heat pump, or install a geyser timer and a geyser blanket optimise your geyser’s efficiency.
Water heating can account for up to half of your monthly energy costs, while solar energy can help you reduce costs by up to 24%.
The Good News.
Since July of 2013, Saving Energy has helped more than 300 home owners reduce their electricity usage by installing geyser timers and geyser blankets.
Our Eco Warrior campaign has (so far) reduced Co2 by more than 100 tons plus we have donated R1500-00 to Food&Trees for Africa to plant another 15 trees!
We also recently partnered up with Oxygenics in Cape Town to bring you a range of energy saving shower heads to help further reduce your consumption.
With the increase now implemented , more and more people are going to be looking for ways to save energy and money.
Talk to us and make the investment today.
Review our articles on the geyser timers, blankets and energy saving shower heads and decide what will work for you!
Our work is excellent and we pride ourselves on supplying high quality products to our customers to ensure that they do reduce their electricity usage as well as save money!
Don’t let the increase get you down!
Using a timer and blanket could reduce your monthly bills by around 30% and with an energy saving shower head, you will save even more!
We will help.
Become an Eco Warrior today and save R300 on the supply and installation of your geyser timer and blanket!